Thursday, April 12, 2007

Homework - 4/12/2007

  • Math Practice Test 2 - obtain parent signature

Note: Parents, please just sign your child's answer document indicating that you saw their work; your signature is not an indication of your approval or disapproval of your child's work.

I hope that you will see how much I am asking of all of my students at this time of year; they truly are expected to do a lot. The STAR test is a cumulative test of all they have learned this year.

Also, the STAR test and the practice tests that we are using were written based on all of the standards for fifth grade, and yet we are only 80% of the way through the school year. I do not expect the students to answer all of the questions correctly. I do reasonably expect them to answer correctly any question regarding skills and concepts that I have taught them. Please keep this in mind as you are reviewing your child's progress on these practice tests.

The point is to encourage them to do well (or better.) Remember, it's okay if they make mistakes now, as long as they ask me questions to improve their understanding, and as long as they show improvement. Now is the time to make mistakes and learn from them, before they have to take the real test, the STAR test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home